Diversity and Inclusion
The GLATA Diversity and Inclusion Committee is a standing committee of the association. The aim of the committee is to advance the value of diversity, equity inclusion, and access within the profession and honor the intrinsic worth of all members within the GLATA. The committee is charged with creating initiatives to develop greater critical awareness for members, promoting greater understanding while embracing the unique diversity of the GLATA membership and patients we serve. The committee also develops strategies to promote retention and support for all members of the AT community and acknowledges the importance of representation within the association.
The committee is comprised of individuals with diverse lived and professional experiences. Meet the committee members below—
- Ben Rockwell, MS, LAT, ATC (Wisconsin)
- Jenny Toonstra, PhD, LAT, ATC (Ohio)
- Megan Shipp, LAT, ATC (Illinois)
- Mike Martinez, MS, LAT, ATC (Indiana)
- Cloe Klaus, (NATA LGBTQIA+ Committee, District 4)
- Kristin Walker, (NATA LGBTQIA+ Committee, District 11)
- Estefania Zavala (NATA Ethnic Diversity Committee; District 11)
- Samar Long, MSEd, AT, ATC (NATA Ethnic Diversity Committee; District 4)
For more information regarding please go to our Diversity & Inclusion Resources.